With the blazing speed of life in the twenty-first century it's good to regularly check in on your goals. Are you on track with your workout and fitness goals? Are you getting in the training that you need for the events you have on the calendar? Is your diet & nutrition on track?
Whether you're on track or the latest goals have drifted into good intentions, there's always room for re-invention.
One of our favorite sites for health & fitness includes mobile apps as a tool to help with workout reinvention.
iPhones, Android phones, Windows Phones and BlackBerry phones all have mobile apps that can help to make your workouts more fun, help you connect with training buddies and keep you on track by measuring your success.
Whether you have walking, running, bike rides or neighborhood lunges in your goals, here are a few that you'll love for any workouts where you track the miles and kilometers:
- Strava. Log running or bike ride workout on your iPhone or Android phone. Then log in from your computer see how you compare to everyone else who has run similar routes. Workout addiction at its finest!
- Endomondo. A multiple app award winner that works with just about any phone out there to track running, cycling, skiing, walking, "workout messaging" and just about any outdoor workout. You can even buy heart rate monitors that work with the app on your phone.
- Mapmyfitness. This app has a whole family that includes Mapmyride, Mapmyrun and mapmywalk. You'll also be able to experiment with tools that track your diet and nutrition.
If you don't yet have a phone where you want to try all the mobile apps, then check out DailyMile.com for a supportive and inspirational group to keep you motivated.
Have an iPhone and a bike? Check out "10 iPhone Apps for Cyclists".
Along with mobile apps, here are 5 great tips for re-invention:
- Re-evaluate Your Goals
- Re-Visit Your Schedule/Timing
- Look for New Routes
- Get a Training Buddy
- Measure Your Success With a Mobile App
Try a little reinvention today. It works!